Today’s basic Excel application is used in almost all jobs. Starting from work as an admin, or teacher, even for those of you who are compiling daily expenses and income.
Unfortunately, some people find it difficult because the Excel application contains complicated formulas.
Meeting this article was a stroke of luck. Because we will explain some of the things that are the basis for running the Excel application.
Of course, with tips and tricks that will make it easier. Everything you think is done manually, in fact, almost everything can be done automatically!
Quickly Opens Basic Excel
The faster you open Excel, the better the work efficiency. For that, you need a shortcut on your screen. These shortcuts can be installed directly on your desktop’s main screen, pinned to the taskbar, or directly customize to the Excel application so that it appears with a certain key combination.
Using your keyboard windows + R then type excel. The application will appear and the pin to the taskbar will appear on the right bar. That way every time you want to open Microsoft Excel becomes faster and easier. You can immediately start work with these first tips.
Inserting Lines in the Middle of a Job
In the Excel application, which often demands work done quickly, it’s not uncommon for someone to forget to enter certain lines. So there need to be easy tips in Excel to insert rows in the middle of work. The method is very easy and you can try it right now. No need to worry about missing rows or data.
- Select and block the section you want to add a new line in the middle of the work.
- After that right click and select insert. This method can be done for all types of Excel applications, especially in Excel 2010 and above.
- A choice will appear about what to input into the job. To enter a new row, mark the entire row then click OK.
In the process of presenting data, as basic Excel, there are indeed many tips that you can do. By continuing to use Excel every day, you will be able to gain empirical knowledge to operate automatically. Of course, if this is done automatically it will be easier.
Moving Columns Into Rows in Excel
The next trick is practicality in operating this application. You as the operator must swiftly change the form without damaging the existing data. For example, the boss orders to change columns into rows, this can be done automatically without the need to input data one by one.
- Block the column you want to convert into a row, then click copy.
- After that, select which box to change. If so, right-click on that place and click paste special.
- A new dialogue box will appear. Check the transpose box. Then click OK.
The work in seeking convenience is always there. One of the basic Excel tricks and tips is to move columns into rows. You too-with similar steps-can change rows into columns. It is very easy and a basic operator should know about it.
Basic Excel Formulas Become Initial Capital
Other tips are the most basic formulas starting from addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division, as well as calculating the average. The method is very easy, the concept is the same as mathematical calculations using familiar symbols. This formula is capital that every reliable operator must have.
- Addition with a (+) sign, for example; =D3+D4. In addition, you can also use the formula =SUM(D3+D4)
- Subtraction with a sign (-), for example; =D3-D4
- Multiply with a sign (*), for example; =D3*D4
- Division with a sign (/), for example; =D4/D4
- Average with the AVERAGE formula, for example; =AVERAGE(D3:D5)
Don’t forget to start each formula with an equal (=). While the basic formula for the average, the colon (:) means up to. You just have to click from one part to another in the selected cell. That’s the basic Excel as a starting point for understanding this application. Stay tuned for the latest Excel tricks and tips.